Welcome to Zetland Primary School Local Governing Body
You will find information on our members, vision and the minutes of our meetings. We meet once each term as a full governing body and, through our role as Link Governors, we are regularly in school.
If you would like to contact me you can email at email@example.com, telephone on 01642 484595, or leave a written message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Chair of Governors
As Governors, we will work with staff and parents to help our children to enjoy their learning and reach their full potential in all areas of their school life.
We aim to use our individual skills and experience to both support and constructively challenge the school by developing an in depth understanding of the work of the school. We will keep up to date through regular training in order to fulfill our role.
We strive to support staff to inspire and encourage all groups of children, including boys, girls, more able, vulnerable learners, Pupil Premium, children for whom English is their second language and children with special educational and/or medical needs.
We aim to ensure the school is financially secure and making the most effective use of resources available in the best interests of the children.
We strive to be proactive and visible to both our children and parents.
Along with our staff and our children we are
‘Remembering Yesterday, Learning for Today, Striving for Tomorrow’
Zetland School will strive to enable all of our pupils to achieve their full potential.
We will provide the support that individual pupils need to do this and will seek to overcome barriers to learning.
Our pupils will develop strong skills in English and mathematics. They will experience a range of stimulating learning experiences that develop their knowledge, their confidence, social skills and self esteem.
We will seek to instil an enjoyment of learning in our pupils that encourages them to become independent learners.
Our pupils will leave Zetland School well prepared for their next stage of education and their future life.
Zetland School will make a valuable contribution to our community and be a school that our pupils, staff and parents are proud of.
We will achieve this by:
- Being ambitious, setting high standards and expectations.
- Providing high quality teaching.
- Providing an inspiring curriculum.
- Providing a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Managing our resources effectively to meet our priorities.
As Governors we will:
- Scrutinise the information that tells us how well the school is performing.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the work of the school and evaluate the impact of initiatives.
- Provide the support and challenge necessary to achieve this vision.
- Ensure financial probity and effective use of resources.
- Use performance management systems to support school improvement.
- Take account of the views of those with an interest in the school, particularly parents.
- Keep up to date and trained to fulfill our role.