Home > Governors’ Vision
A welcome on behalf of the School Governing Body from our Chair of Governors .
Hello and welcome to Zetland Primary School’s Local Governing Body. Here you will find information on our members and minutes from our meetings.
Our Local Governing Body is going through a period of transition which include new members and a new vision for the future. We are aiming to use our individual skills and experience to support the school. The local governing body meets once a term. The members of the governing body also aim to engage with the school on a regular basis to ensure we keep informed and up to date with day to day school life.
I am new to the role of Chair of the Local Governing Body. I joined as a parent governor in September 2015, I have enjoyed the role and I look forward to contributing to the further development of the Governing Body .
If you would like to contact Leanne you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07528501933. Alternatively you can leave a message at the school office.
Zetland School will strive to enable all of our pupils to achieve their full potential.
We will provide the support that individual pupils need to do this and will seek to overcome barriers to learning.
Our pupils will develop strong skills in English and mathematics. They will experience a range of stimulating learning experiences that develop their knowledge, their confidence, social skills and self esteem.
We will seek to instil an enjoyment of learning in our pupils that encourages them to become independent learners.
Our pupils will leave Zetland School well prepared for their next stage of education and their future life.
Zetland School will make a valuable contribution to our community and be a school that our pupils, staff and parents are proud of.
We will achieve this by:
- Being ambitious, setting high standards and expectations.
- Providing high quality teaching.
- Providing an inspiring curriculum.
- Providing a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Managing our resources effectively to meet our priorities.
As Governors we will:
- Scrutinise the information that tells us how well the school is performing.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the work of the school and evaluate the impact of initiatives.
- Provide the support and challenge necessary to achieve this vision.
- Ensure financial probity and effective use of resources.
- Use performance management systems to support school improvement.
- Take account of the views of those with an interest in the school, particularly parents.
- Keep up to date and trained to fulfil our role.